Sunday, June 19, 2011

In Remembrance


To: Berman Frank,   
               
In remembrance of a father, it took a long time for me to know,
I wasn't there to be your daughter, You weren't there to watch me grow;

For all the years we spent apart, it sometimes made me sad,
That although you were my father, I could never call you Dad;

But, I rejoice today for the years we spent, catching up and moving on,
We accepted that so much had passed, and could not be undone;

And I've finally come to realize, although it's taken me awhile,
That you'll always be my father, and I'll always be your child;

Now it's time for me to say good-bye, and to mourn all that will not be;
And to say I'm so thankful...so very grateful,
for your blood that runs through me.

(Linnie Frank Bailey, August 1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment